Software Development Kit
The SMALLab Learning Software Development Kit (“SDK”) provides a set of software objects, scripts, and assets for use within the Unity3D Game Engine (http://unity3d.com). The SDK is compatible with the free and pro versions of Unity3D. The SDK enables developers to rapidly implement embodied learning scenarios for SMALLab Learning products and platforms. These platforms include SMALLab and Flow. We are providing this SDK to you solely for the purpose of developing and using applications (“Scenarios”) exclusively for your own internal use and for SMALLab Learning products and platforms.
Developer Account and Publisher Account
To access the SDK, you must be at least 13 years old and establish a Developer Account. To publish your Scenarios in the SMALLab Learning Scenario Store, you must be at least 18 years old and establish a Publisher Account.
If you are establishing a Developer Account or a Publisher Account on behalf of an organization, you hereby warrant that you are authorized to act on behalf of that organization. As part of the registration process, you will select a user name and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your user name and password and you will be responsible for all uses of your user name and password, whether or not authorized by you. You must notify SMALLab Learning of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your account, or known or suspected theft of your user name and password. You must keep all your information in your Developer Account and/or Publisher Account accurate, current, and complete.
Rights and Restrictions
- reproduce, display, publicly perform and create derivative works of the SDK for the sole purpose of developing Scenarios exclusively for use with SMALLab Learning products and platforms; and
- distribute and use these Scenarios within the organization identified in your Developer Account and at the SMALLab Learning Scenario Store.
You are prohibited from the following:
- distributing the SDK;
- granting any rights in and to the SDK to any third party;
- using the SDK to develop Scenarios for use with any products or platforms that are not SMALLab Learning products and platforms;
- distributing Scenarios outside of the SMALLab Learning products and platforms; and
- modify and create derivative works of your Scenarios to make them compatible with all SMALLab Learning products and platforms and to ensure compatibility with operating systems and standard peripherals that constitute our current and future platforms;
- reproduce, distribute, display and publicly perform your Scenario;
SMALLab Learning Scenario Store
To publish your Scenarios in the SMALLab Learning Scenario Store, you must be 18 years of age and establish a Publisher Account. When you have established a Publisher Account, we will provide you or your organization with a publisher profile page at http://smallablearning.com. The profile page includes a bio or organization description, your URL, and a logo or picture. You can edit and update your profile page at anytime by logging into your Publisher Account. You may also publish lesson guides and supportive materials for your Scenario(s) on your profile page.
We will credit you as the author of your Scenario(s) in the following ways:
- within the Scenario on one page of the required ‘Info Pages” you can include logos, images, descriptions, and URLs for you and your organization; and
- the Scenario summary view and detail page will link to your profile page with your logo, description, and url.
For your Scenario to qualify to be published in the Scenario Store, you will:
- comply with and provide all documentation required in the SMALLab Learning Scenario Guidelines; and
- provide an exported Unity3D package that contains all code, assets, and configuration files.
SMALLab Learning reserves the right to reject any Scenario from the Scenario Store.
We set the pricing for all Scenarios and that pricing is determined at our sole discretion. We allocate revenue generated during a quarter as a percentage of the total Scenarios downloaded. We will pay you 70% of the revenue allocated to your Scenario(s). For example, if the downloading of all Scenarios generated $1,000 in revenue for a quarter, and 100 Scenarios were downloaded including 5 of your Scenarios, then $50 (5%) of the revenue for that quarter is allocated to your Scenario(s) and we would pay you $35 as your revenue sharing payment ($50 x 70%).
SMALLab Learning will provide quarterly reports within 30 days of the end of each calendar quarter and revenue distributions to you in those quarters when you are entitled to a revenue sharing payment. The quarterly report will summarize the total Scenario downloads from the Smallab Learning Scenario Store, the total number of your Scenario(s) downloaded, the total revenue from Scenario(s) and your revenue sharing payment. If you have any question or concerns with a revenue sharing quarterly report, you must notify us within 60 days of the date of the quarterly report. If you fail to notify us of any discrepancies, you waive any rights to make any claims regarding revenue sharing payments for that quarter.
Limitation of Liability
THE SDK IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. SMALLAB LEARNING AND ITS LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of certain implied warranties, so the above disclaimer may not apply to you.
ANY SCENARIOS PROVIDED BY YOU TO SMALLAB LEARNING ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND YOU DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Last Updated: 04/10/2015